Are you looking for an affordable filter that takes the adventure of nature to produce clean drinking water? Then a gravity water filter is the best fit for you. To some, this item might be new to them. No worry, this article will explain the important features of gravity water filters and the reviews of the best 10 filters.
A gravity water filter is a water filter that utilizes the existing earth gravity to remove contaminants and particles from your water. This filter does it by inserting filter elements in between an upper chamber of unpurified water and a lower chamber where your clean water is stored after filtration. We understand there are many types and brands in the market, but just keep of mind of these TWO important things when you are getting one.
Filter Capacity: what kind of contaminants it can filter, how to fast, and check for easy replacement of filter too.
Chamber size: Think about whether you need to use it outdoors (cheaper portable type), household use (usually more expensive), or both. Check for the size of the chamber you want to be based on the number of people in your house.
Now that you know the two important factors of choosing the right gravity water filter, let’s make your mind even clearer with reviews of the best 10 products that are hot in the market right now.
10. LifeStraw Family Portable Gravity Water Purifier
Ranking 10th on our list is the award-winning LifeStraw Family Portable gravity water purifier. Perfect for outdoor use when camping or going for a hike, it is one of the most popular portable purifiers. This filter surpasses EPA standards for water purifiers: removes viruses, bacteria and protozoan cysts to 0.02 microns
It is capable of filtering 18,000 liters to get rid of iodine, chlorine, or other chemicals, usable up to 3 years. Comes in a sealed bag, perfect for storing for emergencies or just leaving it to filter water in your kitchen. It has a flow rate of 9 -12 liters per hour.
- Filter up to 18,000 liters to remove contaminants
- Perfect for outdoor use with EPA standard filtration
- Flow Rate of 9-12 liters/hour with 3-year usage.
9. LifeStraw Flex Advanced Water Filter
Next on our list is the Flex Advanced Water Filter from LifeStraw. This advanced filter comes with a hollow fiber membrane filtration system with a 0.2-micron pore size that can perfectly remove bacteria, protozoa, and Microplastics. This affordable purifier can filter 2,000 liters of clean water for you.
It also features a carbon-fiber capsule that improves taste while reducing lead, other heavy metals, chlorine, and organic chemical matter. It exceeds US EPA drinking water standards for bacteria and parasites and exceeds NSF 53 standard for the reduction of lead and other heavy metals.
- Advanced fiber membrane and carbon fiber capsule filtration
- Purifies up to 2,000 liters with replaceable capsule
- Exceed US EPA standard and NSF
8. Katadyn Gravity BeFree Water Filter
A new brand on our list is Katadyn Gravity BeFree Water Filter ranking at number BeFree features 0.1 micron water filters that remove harmful organisms like bacteria and protozoa surpassing EPA standards. It filters up to 1, 000 liters of contaminated water. It is durable with materials made from BPA-free Thermoplastic Polyurethane.
This is ideal for camping and hiking as it comes with a cool looking blue and white collapsible 3.0L hydrapak bottle flask. EZ-clean Membrane is simple and easy to clean by simply shaking or swishing the filter to clean debris, no backflushing, or extra tools required. The pack hydrates quickly and easily with the free flow channels fast flow rate.
- 0.1-micron water filters up to 1,000 liters
- Durable material of BPA-Free thermoplastic polyurethane
- Cool-looking and fast-flowing collapsible 3.0L hydrapak flash
7. Katadyn Base Camp Pro 10L
At number 7 is the compact and convenient base camp pro filter from Katadyn. This is ideal for using outdoors as it comes with a 10l bag with a water level indicator attached. Easy for storing water for the day and checking how much you have left. This pro filter can be used to purify up to 1,500 liters.
To quickly get you clean and pure water, this filter uses 0.2-micron Ultra-Flow Filter Technology that has a flow rate of up to 2L/min. It gets rid of bacteria, protozoan cysts, and sediment. It comes with a quick-connect adaptor attached to your hydration bladders. It also has a carrying strap for easy walking.
- High capacity with 10l with water level indicator
- Ideal for outdoor use with a fast flow rate of 2L/min, up to 1,500 liters
- 2.2-micron filter technology: get rids of bacteria, cysts, and sediment
- Quick-connect adaptor and carrying strap
6. Nikken Waterfall Purifier
At our 6th place is the first counter-top, leave-at-home type of gravity purifier from Nikken. This filter features a natural carbon filter that captures microscopic particles. Effectively reduce the number of deleterious chemicals and volatile organic chemicals. It can filter at least 45 liters per day, good for household use.
Remember to use this filter with cold water only. Filter cartridge must be soaked in cold water for at least 8 hours. This product is designed to reduce tastes, odors, colors, chlorine, VOCs, and mercury from tap water. For your easy use, it also comes with a piece of PiMag Waterfall Replacement Filter.
- Natural carbon filter to reduce chemical and volatile chemicals
- Filter cold water up to 45 liters per day, good for household
- Reduce tastes, odors, and chlorine from tap water
- Come with replaceable filter
5. Nikken PiMag Water Purifier
Ranking 5th on our list is another countertop filter from Nikken, but with more advanced filtration. This purifier features PiMag Water Technology that provides a defense against a broad range of tap water contaminants. The filtration adds natural minerals and adjusts the pH level for alkaline water.
You can easily set up this filter straight out of the box. It is designed to fit neatly on your kitchen worktops and underneath standard kitchen cupboards.
What even more special about this water filter is it’s gold seal approval. The Nikken Waterfall has received the coveted Gold Seal of Approval from the Water Quality Association of America.
- Advance Filtration with 5 liters supply tank
- Produce healthy Alkaline Water
- Convenient and portable usable in your countertop
- Good seal and certified filtration
4. Sawyer Mini Gravity Water Filter
At number 4, we are going back to the portable water filter from Sawyer. This water filter is a mini-filter that uses 0.1-micron absolute dual-threaded with a 1-liter reservoir. This filter weighs just 2 ounces, perfect for your adventure. It is great for camping, backcountry treks, and emergencies.
Dual-threaded mini allows you to screw the push/pull cap onto the filter for easy on/off functionality with fast and easy filling. This water filter comes with a 1-gallon tank, cleaning plunger, cleaning coupling, and gravity hose with adapters. This product is tested to provide 100% safe water.
- Mini-filter with 1-liter reservoir for adventurous use
- Perfect for camping, backcountry treks, and emergencies
- Dual-threaded mini for easy push-pull of cap
- Tested 100% to provide safe water
3. Platypus GravityWorks Water Filter
Making it to the top 3 is the advanced water filter from Platypus. This high-capacity filter comes with a follow-fiber filtration system ideal for group and family camping or outdoor activities with a 4-liter clean water reservoir. This small but compact filter meets all EPA/NSF guidelines for removal of bacteria and protozoa.
This filter does need pumping and it flows at a rate of 1.75l/minute. The reservoir fills easily and hangs from a tree to deliver four liters of filtered water for cooking and washing in 2.5 minutes The set comes with a 4-liter dirty water reservoir, 4-liter clean water reservoir, hollow-fiber microfilter, hoses, shutoff clamp, and storage sack. The US-made replaceable cartridge filters up to 1,500 gallons and weighs 11.5 ounces.
- Ideal for group and family outdoor activities with 4-liter dirty water and 4-liter clean water reservoir.
- Meets all EPA/NSF guidelines for removal of bacteria and protozoa.
- Fast flows at a rate of 1.75l/minute.
- Comes with a hollow-fiber microfilter, hoses, shutoff clamp, and storage sack for easy travel
- Replaceable cartridge filters up to 1,500 gallons and weighs 11.5 ounces.
2. SimPure Gravity Water Filter
Ranking at the 2nd place on our list is SimPure Portable Gravity Water Filter. This multi-purpose purifier comes with an advanced filtration system made up of 0.1-micron hollow fiber membrane, 5-micron coconut shell GAC filter, and 0.2-micron PP fiber filter. This advanced filtration system to remove heavy metal, chlorine, odors, and organic harmful minerals.
It comes with a 3L BPA large water storage bag, providing you with enough water for you and your family. It can filter up to 5,000 liters of water for long-term use. It comes with an expansion interface to connect a variety of beverage bottles for different people and with an added extension tube that allows drinking rivers, ponds, streams, or any water source directly. It has a one-year warranty for your customer satisfaction.
- Advanced filtration system to remove 99.99% heavy metal, chlorine, odors, and organic harmful minerals.
- 3L BPA large capacity TPU water storage
- Durable straw can filter up to 5,000 liters of water for long-term use
- Expansion interface for connection to a variety of beverage bottles
- One-year warranty
1. ZeroWater Gravity Water Filter
Topping our list at number 1 is the countertop Gravity Water Filter from ZeoWater. This large-size water purifier can be used up to 40 Cup after the full filter. With an elegant glass tank and no-drip spigot, ZeroWater’s filtered water dispenser is great for gatherings, offices, or home use.
Unlike other products, ZeroWater filters use 5 stages of filtration, to bring you a cleaner, better-tasting water. Instead of carbon filtering only, our filters use Ion Exchange Technology to reduce contaminants. This filtration removes leed, chemical, and more impurities from your water. This is perfect for you to just leave it on your counter, pour dirty water in, and wait for it to quickly filter to enjoy good taste and clean water with friends and family.
- Ideal for a big home with many people as you can drink up to 40 cups.
- Elegant glass tank and no-drip spigot, good for home or office use.
- ZeroWater filters use 5 stages of filtration
- Ion Exchange Technology to reduce contaminants
- Filtration removes leed, chemical, and more impurities
- Perfect for kitchen countertop, effortless clean water purifier.
So that was the reviews of the ten best gravity water filters and their highlighted features. Now that you know the necessary tips for finding a good gravity water filter, you can go forth and use this new knowledge to purchase the best filter for you and your family. Remember to consider the filtration capacity and chamber size, its quality material, and you are good to go!